Regain Lost Confidence With a Dental Implant TreatmentHaving a lost tooth can drop confidence quickly. When most people think of corrective solutions to missing teeth, they think of dentures or bridges. However, there is another option available to patients, and that is dental implants. Dental implants work great on patients that have a single missing tooth or even a few missing. Implants are a more natural looking solution to correcting the issue and provide a more natural looking result. They are also more comfortable to care for than dentures or bridges. The ease of care is why many of our patients choose to proceed with dental implants as a way to correct missing teeth.
Why You Should Choose Dental ImplantsA More Natural Looking Solution to Missing Teeth Dental Implants have a lot to offer patients that are seeking to regain a beautiful smile due to missing teeth. Losing a tooth or teeth can happen because of an accident or because you had to have an extraction done. No matter why you have tooth loss, dental implants can be an excellent choice. Some of the reasons you should consider this treatment can include:
- Ease of Maintenance – Caring for your new dental implants are a breeze. They function similarly to your natural teeth. There isn’t much you need to do for them outside of your regular brushing and flossing routine.
- Long-Lasting Results – Dental implants are entirely different than bridges and dentures. Over time with bridges and dentures, you will find them needing to be replaced because the soft tissue in your mouth will change. Bridges may need to be replaced after ten years, and dentures can typically last around five years. With implants, they are supported in the jaw bone, making them more durable requiring minimal amounts of adjustments over time.
- Better Overall Appearance – It’s no secret, implants just look better than other corrective procedures for missing teeth. Implants simulate the look of your natural teeth, which make them virtually indistinguishable from your natural teeth. Implants will fit your mouth perfectly. They will take the place of a missing tooth and create a seamless look you will be proud of.
- Less Intrusive – Certainly, the best benefit of implants, is they don’t damage surrounding teeth. Because implants are attached to the jawbone, they hold no risk factor for breaking, chipping, or causing other damage to teeth. In fact, they can help prevent shifting of teeth from occurring.
Dr. James Willis and his team are thorough, friendly, genuine and very professional… I highly recommend this practice to someone looking for a great dental team. Burke Dental is your place!Jacqueline
My family and I have been very happy with Dr. Willis as our new family dentist. We had been with Dr. Brigleb for many years, and with his recommendation, we stayed with this practice. Dr. Willis is a very caring and concerned person, with your dental health foremost in his mindCharlene
Types of Dental Implants We Offer Annandale, VACurious about what kind of dental implants we offer at Burke Dental? We offer our patients three different options for implants to improve the appearance of their smile. Choice of dental implant will depend on what the dentist finds during your consultation. The consultation will include an examination and x-rays. Consulting with our dentist, Dr. Willis, is the only way to see which of these dental implants are right for you.
- Traditional Implants – This type of implant is perfect for those that need only one or two teeth replaced. The procedure will including inserting a titanium rod into the jaw bone, and the implant will be affixed to the rod. This treatment requires two visits to our office. The first visit will be to insert the titanium rod. You will then need time to heal, and come back to have the implants inserted.
- All-On-Four Implants –The All-On-Four implants are an excellent choice for patients that have dentures already and would like a more permanent solution or more natural look. This treatment is also ideal for those needing to have multiple teeth replaced. All-On-Four Implants requires various anchors to support the replacement teeth. In some cases, this procedure only requires one visit.
- Implant-Supported Full-Arch Fixed Prosthesis – If a patient has damage to the jaw bone, or has many missing teeth implant-supported full-arch fixed prosthesis might be the best option. With this treatment, typically six dental implants are fixed to a prosthesis or metal bar. An implant-supported bridge is used to complete the arch.
Are Dental Implants Right For You?When considering this treatment plan, it is a good idea to consult a dentist first. To know which is the best implant option, give us a call today to set up your appointment. Dr. Willis will be able to guide you through the treatment and give you a better understanding of what you can expect and if the procedure is right for you. In general, most healthy adults can get dental implants and experience no complications. If however, you are younger and the jawbone isn’t finished growing, or you have health issues, our dentist can recommend appropriate treatment plans to give you still a fantastic smile. You no longer need to worry about the maintenance of dentures or the less natural look of bridges. We look forward to giving you a more natural long lasting solution to missing teeth. Recovery from dental implants can last a couple of months, due to needing the jaw bone to heal, but it is a simple outpatient procedure. Most of our patients report only mild discomfort after receiving their implants and quickly return to their routine.
Choose Burke Dental for Dental Implants in Annandale VAWe understand that having any dental work or oral surgery done can seem frightening and painful. That is why we offer our patients pain-free dental implants. You can put your mind at ease knowing that you can regain a beautiful smile from Burke Dental with only minor discomfort. Dr. Willis and the staff of Burke Dental are happy to provide long-lasting results with pain-free dental implants for patients in Annandale, VA.
Book Your Appointment With Northern Virginia’s Best Oral Surgeon!We make it easy to get the results you’re looking for. If you are ready to have a consult with Dr. Willis and the staff of Burke Dental, give us a call at (703) 978-6000 or book an appointment online. We are here to help. We want our patients to have confidence each time they smile and love the look of their teeth.
We are located at 9006 Fern Park Drive Ste A, Burke, VA 22015