Avoid Decay With Inlays & Onlays
Dental Inlays and Onlays are an option for dealing with decaying or damaged teeth. Inlays and
An Inlay or
If a dental crown acts like a cover, replacing the entire damaged tooth, then an inlay or
Request an Appointment Today!
Benefits to Getting an Inlay or Onlay
Dental crowns are not the right choice for everyone. If the damage is not severe, or if an alternative to composite a filling is desired, then many patients may be better off choosing an inlay or onlay. Many of the benefits come from the fact that an inlay or onlay is applied directly to the natural tooth, instead of attempting to cover or replace it. The benefits of dental inlays or onlays include:
- They only cover part of the tooth. This allows much of the natural tooth to be preserved, unlike with a dental crown.
- They help protect the remaining teeth. Inlays and onlays cover the damaged bit of a tooth and eliminating that damage can leave the remaining teeth better protected from further damage.
- Inlays blend in well. Because inlays and onlays cover only a part of the tooth, they are often undetectable. This is particularly true of inlays, which are done at the center of the tooth.
- They are good for tight spaces. If a patient’s teeth are very close together, then inlays and onlays can help because they don’t require as much space as a dental crown.
- They have little to no impact on the surrounding teeth. Crowns or other procedures can affect the surrounding teeth, but an inlay or onlay is applied directly to the tooth, minimizing any adverse impact with the surrounding teeth.
For patients who have minor tooth damage or decay, an inlay or an onlay could be a good alternative to a dental crown. This is particularly true of patients who wish to preserve the natural tooth as much as possible.
Getting an Inlay or Onlay
Patients in the Burke, Virginia area who are experiencing tooth pain should contact Burke Dental and schedule an appointment. No one should have to live with tooth pain, not when there are lots of solutions out there. The initial examination will help our team determine the best course of action and we will then recommend a procedure. If the tooth damage is minor, then we may recommend an inlay or
When Would An Inlay Or Onlay Be Recommended
An inlay or
Similar to a dental crown, an inlay or
Before beginning the procedure, the area around the tooth will be made numb in order to minimize the patient’s discomfort. The damaged portion of the tooth will then be removed and an impression will be taken of the remaining, natural tooth structure. If needed, the temporary restoration will then be secured in place and will remain until the patient returns after the inlay or
Once the inlay or
Getting inlays and
Knowing if an Inlay or Onlay is the Right Choice
An inlay or an outlay can be a great alternative to a dental crown or a traditional composite filling. In cases when there is only minimal to moderate damage to the tooth, an inlay or
Contact Burke Dental Today!
The only way to find out if an inlay or
We are located at 9006 Fern Park Drive Ste A, Burke, VA 22015