Smile Enhancement Options
Most people associate going to the dentist with a medical procedure or a necessity–something that you do to maintain good oral health.
While this true, and good oral health is the main goal of dentistry, there is another element to it. Sometimes patients choose to go to the dentist not because they are experiencing pain or concerned about their oral health, but because they are unhappy with the appearance of their teeth.
Some patients don’t need major procedures or fixes, they just want to enhance their smile and feel better about their appearance.
How We Can Help You
At Burke Dental, we want our patients to feel good about their teeth. That is why Dr. James Willis and his team strive not only to offer the best cosmetic dental care but to offer a variety of options meant to help patients feel confident about their smile. For patients in the Burke, Virginia area who struggle with how their teeth look and are looking for solutions to give them the confident smile that they are longing for, we’re here to help. Book a consultation with the qualified team at Burke Dental and we will sit down and discuss our smile enhancement options and recommend the right one for your individual needs.
Request an Appointment Today!
Dr. James Willis and his team are thorough, friendly, genuine and very professional… I highly recommend this practice to someone looking for a great dental team. Burke Dental is your place!Jacqueline
My family and I have been very happy with Dr. Willis as our new family dentist. We had been with Dr. Brigleb for many years, and with his recommendation, we stayed with this practice. Dr. Willis is a very caring and concerned person, with your dental health foremost in his mindCharlene
Available Smile Enhancement Procedures
There are several cosmetic dentistry procedures under the category of ‘smile enhancement’. These procedures range from simple and noninvasive to more complex procedures, depending on the patient’s individual needs. These procedures include:
- Contouring. This is a procedure that involves filing and shaping the teeth, removing any rough edges and helping create a more uniform look amongst a patient’s teeth. This is a fairly simple procedure that can help create a more even, uniform looking smile, increasing the patient’s confidence.
- Veneers. Veneers involve covering the existing teeth with a thin coating. The veneer helps hide imperfections in the tooth and has both practical and cosmetic benefits. They can help fix minor dental issues by closing gaps between teeth, which can improve a patient’s feelings of confidence. Veneers can also improve the color and shape of a patient’s tooth.
- Professional Whitening. Yellow or stained teeth can affect a patient’s feelings of confidence, as they may try to avoid smiling out of embarrassment. However, professional whitening provides a simple and easy solution to this problem. Choosing a professional whitening system will leave a patient with a confident, gleaming smile in no time at all.
- Dental Bonding. Dental bonding is the process of repairing chipped or cracked teeth. This preserves the function of the tooth, but it also restores the appearance of it as well. The bonding process is very simple and can help prevent further damage to the tooth, but it also helps keep a patient’s teeth looking nice and uniform by repairing unsightly damage.
- Dental Crowns. Dental crowns are one of those procedures that balance between necessity and cosmetic. Crowns cover broken and damaged teeth, protecting them and preventing further damage. This is important and often medically necessary, but they also offer a cosmetic benefit. Crowns are designed to blend in with the natural teeth, covering the damaged tooth and restoring the uniform look of a patient’s teeth.
Smile enhancement is a broad category and which procedure is the right option depends entirely on the individual patient. Some might only need minor touch-ups, while others need restorative options. Whatever the individual needs are, Burke Dental is here to help and we offer a variety of cosmetic procedures meant to enhance a patient’s smile and boost their confidence.
Benefits of Smile Enhancement
Because smile enhancement is such a broad category of procedures, it means there are many reasons a patient might pursue it. Not everyone is born with perfect teeth, these little imperfections mark us as individuals but they may also affect how people view themselves. Cosmetic dentistry lets the patient address their problem areas and make smile changes to improve their confidence. Some of the benefits of smile enhancement include:
- Increased confidence. The number one reason to consider smile enhancement procedures is the way it makes the patient feel about their appearance. Minor tooth damage or imperfections can make a person feel awkward or self-conscious about their smile. A confident smile is a tool
ofsuccess and there are many quick and simple dental procedures available to help a patient improve the appearance of their teeth and feel more confident about their teeth.
- Fix minor imperfections. While neither a slightly too large gap between the front teeth, nor a chipped tooth, nor yellow teeth are likely to cause major health issues, they are visible and can affect the overall look of a patient’s teeth. There are many simple procedures available that can help address these issues.
- Restore damaged teeth. Not only are broken or cracked teeth not nice to look at, but they can also lead to potential problems and further damage. It is important to get damaged teeth restored quickly before the damage can spread. This preserves the overall health of a patient’s mouth, as well as maintains the outward appearance of the teeth.
- Simple procedures with long-term benefits. When it comes to
smileenhancement, most of the procedures are fairly simple and can be done quickly, but with long-lasting benefits. Many people live with imperfect teeth for years, preferring to just avoid open-mouth smiles and to feel self-conscious about their appearance when a visit or two to the dentist can restore the appearance of a patient’s teeth and remove the need for closed-mouth smiles.
There are a variety of cosmetic procedures that can enhance a patient’s smile, all designed to offer the same result: a beautiful smile that anyone would be proud to call their own. A beautiful smile can make a patient feel better about their appearance and increase their confidence, which can lead to improvements in all areas of their life. It’s something relatively simple that can have a big impact on a patient’s day-to-day life.
Consider Smile Enhancement
Patients in the Burke, Virginia area who want to improve their smile should make an appointment with Burke Dental and come in for a consultation. Our expert team will sit down with the patient and discuss the variety of procedures that we offer and then, after an examination, make a recommendation as to which procedure we think best suits the patient’s individual need and then move forward from there.
The qualified staff at Burke Dental will assess each patient as the individual that they are and make our recommendations accordingly. This could mean veneers, tooth whitening, simple dental contouring or restorative procedures such as dental bonding or crowns. Dr. Willis and his team will make the recommendation based on the patient’s specific needs. Because smile enhancement is such a broad category that involves a variety of procedures, the length of the procedure and recovery time will vary accordingly. Once a procedure has been agreed upon, a follow-up appointment will be booked and the patient will be advised of the next step.
Contact Burke Dental Today!
No one should have to live with an imperfect smile. Patients in the Burke, Virginia area who are struggling with their smiles and wishing they could do something about it should contact our team at Burke Dental and let us help you. New and existing patients can book an appointment online or by calling our office at 703-978-6000.
We are located at 9006 Fern Park Drive Ste A, Burke, VA 22015